I Won’t Contest Nigeria’s Presidency Again After 2027 – Atiku

The presidential candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Atiku Abubakar, has declared that regardless of the outcome of the 2027 elections, next year’s elections will be his last time contesting for the presidency.

The former Vice President made the declaration on Thursday during a Facebook live session.

He acknowledged past attempts at clinching the presidency but maintained that whatever the outcome, the 2027 election is his last chance at the presidency.

The former Vice President also alleged that President Bola Tinubu’s academic certificates are fake.

In his view, it is unacceptable for Nigeria’s president to have questions surrounding his academic qualifications.

He said: “Whether I win or lose, 2027 will be my last time contesting for the presidency.

Also Read:  I Became Hero Of Democracy By Ensuring Atiku Lost 2023 Election – Wike Boasts

“I was the one who raised the issue surrounding President Bola Tinubu’s academic certificates, and I stand by my position that there was forgery.

“It is unacceptable for the President of Nigeria to have such questions surrounding his academic credentials.”

In other news, Atiku has promised to bring back fuel subsidy if he emerges as Nigeria’s President in the 2027 election.

He made the pledge while responding to questions in an interview circulating on social media.

The former Vice President criticised the economic impact of the subsidy removal under President Bola Tinubu, arguing that Nigerians had yet to see corresponding benefits from the policy.

Tinubu announced the end of the petrol subsidy in his inaugural address in May 2023, shortly after assuming office.

Also Read:  BREAKING: ADC Announces Amaechi As Atiku’s Running Mate

The policy led to a significant rise in the cost of petrol, with the resulting increase in transportation costs contributing to higher prices of food and other goods and services.

While the Federal Government has defended the decision, saying it has created more resources for the three tiers of government and provided funds for infrastructure and other programmes, Atiku questioned how the savings had been utilised.

He noted that he had not initially objected to the removal of the subsidy but said his position had changed after assessing its consequences.

WARNING: If You Are Not 18+, Don’t Click The Link Below 👇🫣 

Also Read:  JUST-IN: South-East Senators Declare Support For Tinubu's Tax Reform Bills

https://omg10.com/4/8902554

https://omg10.com/4/5193489

Did you want to monetize your website, join MONETAG or ADSKEEPER and start earning 

Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it.

Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share the post.

Never Miss A Single News Or Gist, Kindly Join Us On WhatsApp Channel:
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Vad8g81Eawdsio6INn3B

Telegram Channel:
https://t.me/gistsmateNG

Posted in NEWS, POLITICS and tagged , .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *