Several ISIS Trainers From Iraq Among 175 Terr0rists K¡lled In Joint Nigeria-US Airstrikes

Several foreign ISIS trainers from Iraq were among 175 terrorists eliminated during ongoing joint counter-insurgency operations conducted in the joint United States Africa Command and Nigeria’s military airstrikes in North-East Nigeria.

Sources who disclosed this on Tuesday described the coordinated offensives as a major breakthrough against the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) and allied terrorist networks operating within the Lake Chad region.

According to the sources, the strikes, which commenced a few days ago, targeted terrorist camps, logistics hubs, weapons caches, checkpoints and financial networks used to sustain insurgent operations across parts of Borno and surrounding areas.

The authorities said intelligence assessments confirmed that several foreign ISIS operatives and trainers linked to Iraq-based extremist networks were neutralised alongside scores of local fighters during the precision strikes.

Also Read:  FLASH: US Lawmakers Introduces Bill To Label Fulani Militias As Terrorists

On ground assessment indicated that several foreign fighters also met their waterloo. The fighters were in charge of training and responsible for the ISWAP drone command.

Sources said that the foreign trainers were planing to leave within two days before the strikes that eliminated several of them.

Military had previously announced the killing of Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, aka Abbor Mainok described by the military as one of the most significant ISIS operatives globally and a key figure in the group’s international terror coordination structure.

The military said Al-Minuki played central roles in terrorist financing, recruitment, logistics coordination and attack planning linked to ISIS operations targeting Nigeria and other countries.

Other senior terrorist figures reportedly eliminated included Abd-al Wahhab, said to be responsible for coordinating attacks and propaganda activities for ISWAP, Abu Musa al-Mangawi, a senior operational commander, and Abu al-Muthanna al-Muhajir, identified as a senior media production manager and close associate of Al-Minuki.

Also Read:  ‘My Husband Chases Me With Cutlass After Smoking Weeds’ - Woman Tells Court 

Military authorities stated that the successful operations had significantly disrupted ISIS leadership structures, operational coordination and external attack capabilities within the region.

The Armed Forces of Nigeria further reiterated their commitment to sustaining joint operations with international partners to eliminate terrorist threats and restore lasting peace and stability in the North-East.

The military high command added that efforts to track and neutralise fleeing insurgents and dismantle remaining terrorist enclaves were ongoing.

Credit: Zagazola Makama

WARNING: If You Are Not 18+, Don’t Click The Link Below 👇🫣 

https://omg10.com/4/8902554

https://wrathful-piano.com/zBn8jS

Did you want to monetize your website, join MONETAG or ADSKEEPER and start earning 

Also Read:  Insecurity: Gov Zulum Declares Monday Fasting, Prayer Day 

Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it.

Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share the post.

Never Miss A Single News Or Gist, Kindly Join Us On WhatsApp Channel:
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Vad8g81Eawdsio6INn3B

Telegram Channel:
https://t.me/gistsmateNG

Posted in NEWS and tagged , , , .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *