Michael Oyedokun, one of the kidnapped teachers of Community High School, Ahoro-Esinele in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State, has been reportedly killed.
GISTSMATE MEDIA reports that the gunmen invaded the school on Friday May 15 and abducted the principal, alongside other teachers and several students.
The attack, which happened some weeks after a failed kidnap attempt that left one traveler dead along Ibadan-Ijebu road, has renewed concerns over rising insecurity in parts of Oyo State and across Nigeria.
However, a new video released by the bandits on Sunday, May 17, 2026, captured the gunmen beheading Oyedokun.
The viral inhumane video has raised fresh concerns over the safety of the remaining victims.
The latest development has thrown the community into mourning as residents, families of the victims and native continue to call on security agencies and the Oyo State Government to intensify rescue operations to secure the release of those still in captivity before being killed.
As of the time of this report, authorities are yet to officially confirm the incident.
Earlier on Friday, the state police command said suspected hoodlums invaded two communities in the Oriire Local Government Area, and abducted pupils and staff members.
The command’s spokesperson stated that an assistant headmaster, identified as only Adesiyan was killed during the attack, while a commercial motorcyclist, who reportedly resisted the attackers’ attempt to seize his motorcycle, was also shot dead.
In an update on Saturday, the state government said security operatives had successfully located and trapped the suspected kidnappers responsible for the attack inside the national park.
The state Commissioner for Information, Dotun Oyelade, said the suspects were confined to the national park axis, between northern Oyo and southern Kwara states, to restrict their movement and prevent escape into neighbouring states, particularly Kwara State.
Also, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Tunji Disu, on Saturday, during a visit to the incident scene, described the attack as “cruel and unacceptable.”
Mr Disu ordered the deployment of additional tactical and intelligence resources to reinforce ongoing operations in the affected community and surrounding forests.
WARNING: If You Are Not 18+, Don’t Click The Link Below 👇🫣
https://wrathful-piano.com/zBn8jS
Did you want to monetize your website, join MONETAG or ADSKEEPER and start earning
Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it.
Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share the post.
Never Miss A Single News Or Gist, Kindly Join Us On WhatsApp Channel:
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Vad8g81Eawdsio6INn3B
Telegram Channel:
https://t.me/gistsmateNG
