Pregnant Lady Sets Lover Ablaze In Port Harcourt 

The University of Port Harcourt has denied that Cynthia Chukwundah, the lady who allegedly set her lover on fire in the Choba community of Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State, is a student of the institution.

The police had earlier stated that Chukwundah, reportedly a 300-level undergraduate of UNIPORT, was hospitalised after sustaining burns from the incident.

According to police sources, she is currently under watch at a medical facility and will be interrogated once her condition stabilises.

Reports said the woman allegedly set her 32-year-old lover, Sunny Amadi, ablaze during a domestic dispute.

She is said to be pregnant for the deceased, who later died from the severe injuries sustained in the fire.

Also Read:  Details Of Governors Meeting In Abuja Emerge As Controversial Tax Reform Bills Dominate Discussions

However, in a statement issued on Tuesday evening in Port Harcourt, the university’s Head of Information, Publications, and Public Relations, Dr. Sammy Kpenu, clarified that the institution’s records do not show Chukwundah as a student.

The statement, titled “UNIPORT Clarifies Choba Fire Incident: Victim Not a Student,” read, “Following thorough internal checks and verification of our student records, the university wishes to categorically state that Cynthia Chukwundah is not a student of the University of Port Harcourt.”

Kpenu extended the university’s condolences to the families affected and assured the public that UNIPORT is supporting efforts to ensure a proper investigation.

“We deeply regret the loss of life associated with this unfortunate event and express our condolences to the families affected.

Also Read:  GICN Faults Police Force Declaring President, Barr Omaga Wanted Over Alleged Criminal Defamation 

“We are also closely following developments and cooperating with the relevant authorities to ensure that the matter is properly investigated,” the statement added.

The university reiterated its commitment to student safety and urged the public and media to verify facts before publication.

“We urge members of the public and media outlets to refrain from spreading unverified information and to allow law enforcement agencies to conduct a full and impartial investigation,” it concluded.

WARNING: If You Are Not 18+, Don’t Click The Link Below 👇🫣 
https://abnormalitylovingmammal.com/kx6iepv2qm?key=6c14bd1d68e1eba721851f19778f5efe

https://poawooptugroo.com/4/8902554

Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it.

Also Read:  Police Arrest Hacker Who Stole Over N1 Billion From Enugu Government's Coffers

Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share the post.

Never Miss A Single News Or Gist, Kindly Join Us On WhatsApp Channel:
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Vad8g81Eawdsio6INn3B

Telegram Channel:
https://t.me/gistsmateNG

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Go Up